Packet Analyzer is a BroadSoft platform management module built into Uboss. It is designed for BroadSoft platform Owners to manage all call traffic, users, devices and call quality issues on your network. As an automated system, Uboss will alert you when customers report poor quality calls allowing you to maximize customer service.
Packet Analyzer mirrors the BroadSoft hierarchy allowing providers, their resellers and groups to see all traffic under their level. For private label providers this is a massive opportunity to give reseller partners their own ability to manage and diagnose their customers traffic.
- User Initiated Trace – This is the ability for any user to immediately report a poor quality call which is flagged within Uboss automatically. Importantly, this now captures the traces for our support team to investigate the cause without having to ask the customer to give us the details of the call. To activate the service users dial *57 Send/Dial. They will then receive an audio recording saying “A trace has been performed on the last call”.
- Call Analysis – Call Graph provides summary visibility of all calls for the resellers customers. Use the duration buttons to toggle the view for the last week, month or as required.
- Custom Alerts – Custom alerts are configurable email rules that notify you when monitored events occur, such as when one of your customers activates user initiated Trace. Optionally you can also trigger alerts against event Codes, as listed in the Active and Historic Calls tabs. For example you could set an email alert every time a call is listed as “403 unauthorized”.
- IP Monitoring – Uboss can now track all VoIP related IP traffic from and to specific IP addresses. This could be used to monitor a customer circuit, gateway or any other device. Add a new device in Settings and it will immediately be visible on the Overview dashboard tab
- User Tracking – User tracking is an extension of the Calls monitoring and allows detailed analysis of a users calls to be accessed. Importantly, this also flags potential issues with users that have SIP-ALG enabled. Search for a specific user to see all the devices they currently have registered and detailed information, including PCAP trace, for all calls made in the last 14 days
- Device Registrations – Registrations shows every device connected by the resellers customers, but can also display attempted registrations, as a real-time of a period view going back up to 14 days. The user devices pie charge will show all the device types that are registered. Toggle specific devices on and off by clicking their name. the table on the right hand column breaks this down in greater detail by listing every firmware version of every device and the number of each that are currently registered.